The primary responsibilities of a Centroid Lead Oracle Apps DBA are the design, build, ongoing maintenance, failure avoidance, detection and repair of the Oracle database and e-Business Suite applications environments and the multiple components within the Oracle technology stack. As a member of the Oracle DBA team, you will be responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical production environments as well as all aspects of administration for non-production environments. You will be expected to perform multiple functions, including the resolution of production problems and assisting users with issues beyond what front-line support are able to resolve. This role requires front facing client engagement in an 100% on-site capacity.
Location: This position is located in Carlsbad, CA. Remote is not an option.
Required Skills: 3-6 Years of experience.
- Experience as an Oracle DBA with production support experience, including Oracle 10g and 11g.
- Experience as an Oracle Apps DBA with R12 experience throughout all stages of the lifecycle
- Strong understanding of Oracle RDBMS architecture
- Hands on experience with implementation, upgrade and tuning of large Oracle EBS environments
- Cloning of EBS systems and automation procedures
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control 12c
- Backup and recovery concepts, including RMAN, TSM
- EBS HA and DR concepts and options, including RAC, PCP, Shared File Systems, Data Guard, and other replication strategies
- Patch assessment and application in an EBS environment with activation of different modules
- Performance Tuning of SQL queries and database
- Performance problem identification and remediation
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking
- Proven Systems Administration experience with multiple operating systems: AIX/Linux/Unix/Solaris/Windows
- Experience with multiple SAN/NAS storage solutions
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and participate as a positive and cooperative team member and exhibit leadership skills and abilities .
- MS in CS or BS/ BA in Computer Science or Business Management with a minimum of five years relevant work experience.
- R12 Upgrade Experience on multiple projects
- Experience with Oracle FMW and OBIEE administration
- Experience with Oracle Database Vault
- Experience with Vertex
- OCE/OCP/OCA Certified
- Oracle Data Guard is a plus
- Atomic Scheduler experience