At Centroid, the Enterprise Solutions Architect is a hands-on technical presales position where time is split between providing direction and specialist knowledge, working with a sales representative throughout the sales cycle, and providing technology consulting solutions and services to client projects.
The Enterprise Solutions Architect focuses on large and complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions and advises internal and external clients on overall solution architectures to drive resell, consulting, and managed services revenue.
The successful Enterprise Solutions Architect seeks continual learning and continuous improvement, drives thought leadership and Oracle community involvement, and maintains the highest standard of delivery.
In addition to expert level knowledge of Oracle Core Technology, consulting knowledge of the following technologies and concepts is highly desirable: Oracle DBMS/RAC, High Availability and Disaster Recovery, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, Data Replication and Integration, Data Warehousing, and Enterprise Application Architecture.
Travel: Up to 50%
Candidates must have a minimum of ten years of experience supporting Oracle production environments including at least 2+ years in a pre-sales role.
- Work together with account managers and partners to establish and understand the customers’ requirements
- Identify the appropriate solutions that meet the customers’ requirements
- Deliver product presentations tailored to the customers’ requirements
- Effectively communicate technical answers to questions customers may have regarding the solution
- Facilitate customer product and solution understanding through Proof of Concept/Value engagements (POC’s, POV’s)
- Install and configure applications/products for proof of concept/value
- Deliver technical product demonstrations, presentations, webinars, and event participation
- Maintain solid, technical understanding of products in conjunction with business benefits
- Define and document best practices and methodologies to enable consistent, high quality repeatable delivery of services
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced team members
- Participate in thought leadership activities such as authoring white papers, blogs, and presentations
- Lead client projects and implement proven solutions
- Demonstrate effective communication skills – both with clients and other Centroid employees including:
- Active Listening
- Clear Communication
- Professional Communication etiquette
- Be a Team player
- Expert level experience in Oracle Core Technology including one or more of the following:
- Oracle Engineered Systems: Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance, Big Data Appliance, Exalogic and/or Exalytics
- Experience migrating existing Oracle databases into Exadata and/or ODA
- Advanced Oracle Database and related Concepts
- Oracle RAC, Grid Control, ASM, Enterprise Manager, Data Guard, DB, etc.
- Oracle Middleware
- Weblogic, Webcenter, Oracle BI, Oracle IAM, Oracle SOA Suite, etc.
- Oracle PaaS and or IaaS cloud
- DBaaS, IaaS, ICS, JCS, etc.
- Pre-sales and/or Enterprise Architecture experience (2+ years)